October 10, 2008

Delicious Diagrams

As a non-American, I have only so much patience for an election that has little to do with me or my country. Don't get me wrong, I love politics and I'm not adverse to getting on my well-worn little soapbox, but there's only so many times I can hear Americans talking about how they're going to save the world, change the world, be the greatest nation in the world and so on and so forth. Ok, we get it, you love your country. Good for you.

So from the Hillary/Barack commotions onwards, I made a concerted effort to ignore anything even remotely related to the US elections.

And then Tina Fey ruined everything. How can I ignore completely flawless send-ups of one of the scariest women the world?

Aden Nak summed up quite nicely why the rest of the world is holding their breath. Better yet, he summed it up in flow chart form.


Will the rest of the world lose any remaining respect for the US if Sarah Palin (and that old guy) are voted into office? You betcha!

And while we're on the topic of helpful and concise diagrams, I can't help but admire this little gem care of GirlOnGauche.

I'm not sure what ranks higher on this scale - Tina Fey's Palin impersonation, or the fact that millions of Americans are actually considering voting for a person with no legitimate experience, expertise, charisma, talent or political savvy, simply because she's female and white.

Please America, prove the rest of the world wrong. For once.

No comments: